Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 10) Title: Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse #10)
Author: Charlaine Harris
Hardcover: 320 pages
Published: May 2010
Reading Level: Adult Paranormal
My copy: Borrowed from a friend
My rating: 3.5 of out 5 wicked hearts


Blurb (from Amazon.com):

After enduring torture and the loss of loved ones during the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman. But he's under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate. Worst of all, though the door to Faery has been closed, there are still some Fae on the human side-and one of them is angry at Sookie. Very, very angry...


My thoughts:

I am going to start out by saying that I am sure Charlaine Harris has a 'master plan' that she is going off for the Sookie Series, but it is not evident to me.  This book honestly felt like a filler book.  There wasn't much intense drama or life changing revelations in this book.  I can kinda see what it is leading into for book #11 and I look forward to some resolution with her, Eric and the new Vampire King.   I was over half way thru the book before I could see a plot forming.

That being said, I love the Sookie series so much, all of the above did not prevent me from finishing this book pretty quickly.  We see a different side of Sookie, Eric, Claude and even Jason in this book.  I think the characters were expanded and enriched in this book which makes it vital in the series, but don't expect many loose ends to be tied up.  Yep...I am still on the hook for book #11.
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Bright Night world kit.