Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review: Nightshade ARC by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade
Title: Nightshade
Author: Andrea Cremer
Hardcover: 528 pages
Published: October 19, 2010
Reading Level: YA
My copy: Around the World Tours
My rating: 4 out of 5 wicked hearts


Blurb from Amazon.com:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, sheÕll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her mastersÕ laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everythingÑ including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice? 


My quick wicked thoughts...A new and refreshing view on werewolves and a love triangle to rival all others!

Why I was tempted to read this...The description sounded awesome and the cover was very attractive.

Cover thoughts...I love it...sparkly and shiny...gotta love it.

Romance Meter...OH...my heart hurts here.  I was so torn on this book (see more below), the love triangle was dynamic and I had a hard time with the choices that Calla was making because I just KNOW she was leaning towards the wrong guy!

Character and Plot...Calla is the daughter of an alpha wolf and has known since birth that she would marry the son of a rival alpha's pack, Ren Laroche.  The pack hierarchy is different in this book from most werewolf books, even if you are an alpha...you still have what is known as a Keeper over you that you must report to.She has accepted this as her fate and was okay until she broke pack rules and saved a human from being killed by a bear.  This changed her future more than she knew because of the intense attraction she felt for him and what role he played in her life.  Ren has always been a bit of a playboy but is reforming his ways because he wants to make Calla happy when they have their union.  Calla is attracted to Shay (the human she saved) and is trying to fight.  I won't say how this turns out of course...but have to say I was firmly on one team and she kept making bad choices that revolved around the other person...and I was so bummed out at times!  I can't wait for the next book, I need some resolution here!

The Ending...Oh the author leaves you hanging...and wondering...and trying to decide if she made the right choice and who is the right guy...so I really can't wait to read the next book!


 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Bright Night world kit.