Friday, July 16, 2010

Infinite Days ARC by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen)
Title: Infinite Days
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Paperback: 336 pages
Publish date: August 3, 2010
Reading Level: YA
My copy: Book it Forward Tours
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 wicked hearts


 Blurb from amazon.com:

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.

But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

My quick wicked thoughts...a fresh and exciting view of vampires, friends and choices in life...and regrets.

Why I was tempted to read this...it sounded romantic and vampire-ish, what's not to love?

Cover thoughts...loved it..makes more sense when you read the book, ha ha

Romance Meter...oh yeah...there are long-time loves that would give their life for you and fresh new romances to keep you interested.

Character and Plot...I really loved this book!  This isn't your average sweet vampire book...no these vampires are brutal and ruthless...and Lenah only wants her humanity back.  When Rhode gives up his life for her, Lenah gets to experience things like emotion, rain, touch, taste, and sun...all things that were void from her long life as a ruthless vampire queen.  The book starts at current day but flips back to the past often to give you needed background information and let you get a true sense of Lenah's life as a vampire and her coven.  When she meets Justin she knows he is different and he feels the same connection about her.  But all is not fine in Lenah's new world...when she doesn't awaken back to her vampire life like she is supposed to, her coven comes looking for her, and they are willing to take out anyone in their way.  This book kept me at the edge of my seat and flipping pages.  The plot wraps around and doesn't let you go and at the end...you sit there and look back over the ride this book just took you and go WOW....there better be a sequel LOL

The Ending...the ending..OH the ending...things happen at toward the end of the book so you think you know how it will end but there are still surprises...and cliffhangers...and there better be a sequel!  I checked the author's blog but I didn't see a date or title.  It cannot end this way, Ms. Maizel!! LOL
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Bright Night world kit.