Monday, November 29, 2010

Review: The Iron Queen ARC by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Iron Queen
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Releases: February 1, 2011
Paperback: 368 pages
Reading Level: YA
My Copy: NetGalley.com
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 wicked stars





Blurb (from Netgalley.com):

In less than twenty-four hours I’ll be seventeen.

Although, technically, I won’t actually be turning seventeen. I’ve been in the Nevernever too long. When you’re in Faery, you don’t age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I’m probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I’ve changed so much I don’t even recognize myself.
 
MY NAME IS MEGHAN CHASE.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
THIS TIME,

THERE WILL BE NO TURNING BACK. 


My quick wicked thoughts...Another awesomely written and developed book by Julie Kagawa, it does not disappoint!

Why I was tempted to read this...I loved The Iron King and the Iron Daughter, so this was a given.

Cover thoughts...It is fabulous like all the Iron Fey covers

Romance meter...Awww...there is some major Ash and Meghan interaction in this one! I have always been Team Ash so I loved that and loved getting to know more about him and Meghan as their characters grew in this book.

Characters and plot...I thought the characters grew a lot in this book...you see Meghan growing and maturing...and taking on a LOT of responsibility. You see Ash's obvious love for her.  You get to see lots of Grim, how awesome is that?  Puck comes back into the story and I wondered how he would relate to the Ash/Meghan couple, but circumstances push the 3 of them together for quite a journey.  This book had it all...love, suspense, action, fighting, fey magic and an ending that will make you wish you had the next book in the series to pick up immediately!

The ending...The ending opened up for the next book perfectly...I can't wait to read it.  It seems so hopeless for everyone but I know the author will not leave us hanging...I hope!
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Joifa's Bright Night world kit.